Advanced Carbon-based Films Research Group mainly focuses on the advanced carbon-based thin films by various PVD/CVD methods and related plasma-based surface modification technologies. The research interests include the following fields currently:
► Diamond-like carbon films and key technologies
- Fabrication of various nanostructured DLC films (a-C:H, ta-C, Me-DLC etc.) by different and hybrid PVD/CVD techniques.
- Characterization of structures and properties, of particular interest of mechanical, tribological, as well as electrical performance.
- Calculation study on the mechanism between structure and properties of films.
- Optimization of deposition process and equippments for various applications.
► Nanostructured superhard coatings and solid lubricant films for wear resistant application
- Manipulation and properties of ternary, quaternary nanostructured nitride, carbide, boride superhard coatings such as TiAlSiN, CrAlSiN etc.
- Synthesis and tribological properties of solid lubricant films such as GLC, MoS2 and MAX phase etc.
- Application of superhard and/or lubricant films in mechanical components
► Development of plasma-based surface modification technology.
- Plasma characterization and deposition mechanism during film deposition
- Functional treatment for light alloys and polymers to improve corrosion and wear resistance
- Development of massive production process and equipment for application.